09 March 2007

A dream come true...

Every once in a while, when the mood strikes me, I check my horoscope at www.freewillastrology.com because Rob Breszny has a wonderful way of making the mundane profound, and of making a horoscope seem completely not ridiculous. This week (beginning March 8) my Piscean prediction reads:

Molecular scientist Robert Bohannon knows a way to cram even more obscene gratification into a doughnut. He has discovered the secret to infusing pastries with a non-bitter version of caffeine. If his innovation is adopted by bakers, a doughnut would not only be able to have its usual sugary kick, but could also deliver the punch of two cups of coffee. Judging from the current astrological omens, Pisces, I'd say you'll soon be able to find a healthy metaphorical equivalent to this pathological marvel for your own use. In other words, you'll intensify your enjoyment of an already fine pleasure.

I fully intend to use this as my inspiration for this week's Illustration Friday theme, "Wired." Personally, I have no interest in a caffeinated doughnut. I enjoy coffee too much, and frankly a cup of coffee with a double whammy of doughnut caffeine sounds dangerous. But this just goes
to show that nothing is impossible....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Free Will Astrology rules my week!...Well sometimes anyway..heehehh...But ALWAYS inspires...sometimes I even read ALL the horoscopes, not just mine. Crazy, huh?