I'm apparently required to respond to a blog-tag, thanks to the superb tag-strategy of Suburban Kamikaze. And of course, now I have to do a meme. *sigh* Can you tell how wearily taxed I am by all of this?
What is it about these stupid lists that is just so darned appealing? Is it the desire to tell the world Who You Are? To call attention to your individuality? To shock or surprise people who thought they knew you? Is it just plain narcissism?
I'm going to ignore all of those theories and go with "it's better than spending the next 15 minutes up to my eyeballs in the excel spreadsheet of statistics that I can't seem to finish."
Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
1. I love to get my hands dirty. I guess that's why I love pottery and gardening and painting and cleaning so much - I get the most satisfaction that I have accomplished something when I have gotten dirty in the doing.
2. I love to sleep. And no, it's not just because I don't really get to anymore - two restless kids, two very nocturnal cats, and a husband that sleeps like the dead makes me the official night watchman (watchwoman?) in our house. But really, I love to sleep, especially catnaps.
3. In 5 years of marriage I have earned somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 "geek points" from my husband for independently coming up with quips or references to video games, comic books, computer gizmos, etc. of which I knew absolutely NOTHING before he began "training" me. At 1000 points I supposedly win a toaster.
4. I'm a closet hypochondriac. Every time I feel a twinge or quirk in the functioning of any of my bodily systems, my mind immediately jumps to the worst possible conclusion and I work my way back to something reasonable from there. I do not voice these concerns to anyone, but someday I am pretty sure I will stub my toe and announce to some unsuspecting soul that I'm sure it's due to loss of coordination from early on-set dementia. The end is definitely near.
5. I write in my books. Yes, even the "fluff". If there's a quip or a perspective that I really like or really hate, I underline it and comment in the margin. That way when I read the book again, as I typically do, I can see what I was thinking about the last time I read it. My husband hates this.
6. I want to quit my job and go back to school. Forever. If I won the lottery today, I would pay off our debt, set up a killer investment portfolio, and enroll in a class. Any class. I want to learn about everything. If anyone has any strategies for making this happen, or winning lottery numbers, please let me know.
7. I am the only person I know who drinks whiskey straight up. Other than Mr. Lady. Although I have yet to try her patented sippy cup method.
A new thing
2 days ago