I picked up a tag-by-default from RPH Mommy, one of my favorite bloggers, to do a current favorite music list. Here are the "rules":
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
Since no one has left any comments at all and I must therefore assume that no one is reading my poor sad little blog (boo), if you want to play just leave me a comment. PLEASE. :-)
1. Love Song, Sara Bareilles. I cannot get over how catchy and clever this song is. When I learned that it was written TO the recording studio because they insisted that she write a love song because "that's what sells," it just made me love it more. The rest of this album is awesome too, but I think I would be missing the point if I just listed 7 of her songs here.
2. anything played by Django Reinhardt. I've loved this music forever and just recently discovered who and what it really is, thanks to my brilliant and generous friend Robin. It is the soundtrack of my happy busy summer.
3. This Side, Nickel Creek. "It's foreign on this side..." Married half a decade, 2 kids, who knew?
4. Everyday, Dave Matthews Band. A little nostalgia, but I also sing "Pick me up, love!" everytime I pick up my 3-year-old Sunshine and swing her up in the air, so it's in my head a lot.
5. I See the Moon, traditional. I picked it up from watching the movie Evening. This somehow became the default baby song for Baby Bear, so we all sing it all the time for her. Sunshine really likes it too, especially when we spot the moon each night.
6. Fly Me to the Moon, Frank Sinatra. Don't know why, it's just been stuck in my head a lot lately. Guess I'm feeling the need to travel.
7. ummmmm...can't believe I'm having trouble coming up with another song. Comedown by Bush? It popped up on iTunes shuffle last night and both Sunshine and Baby Bear really liked dancing to it. Weird the things your kids will decide they like.
Okay, so that's my list. What's on yours?